The Tourism District Institute of Bogotá is organizing MOVE2021 6th International Conference on Sub-national Measurement and Economic Analysis of Tourism. Conference created by the International Network INRouTe in collaboration with in2destination research and consultancy firm.
MOVE2021 will be hosted virtually in Bogotá (Colombia) November 22nd to 26th 2021.
This edition of MOVE is focused on moving towards a Data Culture. Which means: Tourism Information Systems (TIS) that serve to the different audiences for these audiences to actually make decisions based on reliable data. Likewise, for these audiences to provide information to source TIS.
Call for Research Papers
Extended abstracts are invited across the widest spectrum of research conducted on measurement and economic analysis of tourism provided that the study area is subnational in scope and that the research submitted to the call addresses the following sub-topics specifically:
• Data culture: analysis of Tourism Information Systems (Observatories, Data Centers, or else) use by destination management organizations, tourism public administration, and tourism private sector. Analysis of use, barriers, lessons learnt, etc.
• Measuring sustainable tourism at subnational levels.
• Institutional framework within tourism destinations, stakeholders governance and cooperation.
• Measuring tourism in the framework of the SDGs 2030.
• COVID-19 and tourism.
• The spatial scale as the fourth dimension of sustainability.
• Urban and its Rural surrounding region – spilling over positive outcomes beyond the main administrative unit (city) and measuring them.
• Resident attitudes towards tourism, Resident involvement in tourism.
• Smart: Sustainable (Socio-Eco-Environmental) + Tech Savvy & Innovative + Competitive – but how?
• Big, Open, Crowdsourced Data for subnational measurement analysis of tourism.
• Environmental impact of tourism at subnational level: solutions to measure tourism related resource use.
All submissions are rigorously evaluated for novelty, significance, and soundness. Papers should clearly state the background, introduction, purpose, theory, methodology, results, conclusions and managerial/industry/social implications of the study and be fully referenced with appropriate citations.
Full papers (10-20pages) and extended abstracts (3-5 pages) should be innovative, so as to advance the knowledge base of related fields. These papers present major contributions to the field. The conference may publish a MOVE2021 conference proceedings including all accepted extended abstracts/full papers. The selection process is based on extended abstracts. Authors are welcome to submit full papers (10-20pages), but it is not required.
Submission of extended abstracts and full papers
1. Authors must follow the ‘Author Advice’ document as a style guide for standards to follow in the preparation of manuscripts.
2. All full papers & extended abstracts must be submitted in English.
3. Authors are expected to:
♦ Submit an extended abstract by August 23rd 2021
♦ Accepted authors must register for the conference by September 10th, 2021 in order to have their extended abstracts included as part of the conference programme for presentation and in the Conference Proceedings.
4. If accepted authors desire to submit a full paper, they should do so by November 5th, later submissions will not be considered.
Extended Abstract Submission closes: August 23rd 2021
Final acceptance: September 7th 2021
Registration Deadline for authors: September 10th 2021
Conference: November 22-26th 2021
Research contact appointee
Please send your abstract and full paper to Ms. Laura Taroncher: email@example.com
Chair of the Scientific Committee: Nagore ESPINOSA, in2destination Research and Consultancy in Tourism and University of Deusto, Spain.
Inmaculada GALLEGO, Public Company for Tourism and Sport of the Government of Andalucía and University of Málaga, Spain
Tad HARA, University of Central Florida, United States of America
Raúl HERNÁNDEZ, University of La Laguna, Spain
Calvin JONES, Cardiff University, UK
Valeria MINGHETTI, CISET Universitá Ca’Forscari, Italy
Ulf SONNTAG, NIT, Germany